Engage in sport in a fun and positive way?Learning outside the classroom
Looking for some activities
Did you know that the number of people in England who regularly take part in sport is rising?
Sport can and does have a positive impact on individuals, our communities and wider society. It also has a positive effect in the school environment.
We recognise the importance of offering a range of activities to pupils and we can provide combined practical and educational based sessions in a variety of subjects to primary schools, secondary schools and colleges.
Due to our Sport Development background and strong links within the community we can advise and help schools up-skill their current workforce via NGB qualifications or by peer mentoring. We can also help schools and colleges with funding applications and offer advice and guidance on all aspects of school sport. We can also help schools and colleges create strong school club links with local sports clubs in the area.
We have a range of equipment which you can hire, including:
• Inflatable football pitch
• Speed shot (an inflatable football game which records the speed of your shot)
• Dance mats (undercover area required)
• Portable floodlights.
• Bubble footballs
Standards & Values
• All schools and community sports coaches are recruited via the Telford & Wrekin Council recruitment procedure.
• Enhanced DBS check
• Minimum of NVQ level 2 standard, which will include 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in the Principles and Preparations for Coaching Sport & 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Multi-Skills Development in Sport
• Sessions must be thoroughly enjoyable, challenging and suitable for different age groups.
• All sessions will be inclusive / adaptable to varying ages and abilities.
• All sessions will be delivered by qualified coaches in that chosen sport.
• Fair play will be respected at all times.
• Bespoke activities can be developed with you to meet your requirements.
Our team consists of a number of highly qualified and experienced sports & physical activity professionals. We are extremely passionate about sport & physical activity due to the impact and the benefits it can bring to pupils making a significant impact on the school.
• Health – Vast health benefits; it can reduce the risk of major illnesses such as heart disease, diabetes and cancers, as well as helping reduce childhood obesity. Regular physical activity and sport teaches children the virtues of adopting a healthy lifestyle and taking care of their bodies.
• Attainment – Research shows that more active children are likely to perform better academically and achieve higher grades than those who are less active.
• Wellbeing – Increases a child’s self-confidence and leads to higher self-esteem. This has a significant impact on children’s emotional and mental health.
• Social – leads to higher social inclusion, and a higher ability to forge friendships
• Transferrable Skills – Vital life skills such as; Increase team working, determination, goal setting, practice, patience and persistence.